Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

My stereo is always in stand by mode every time i time the

Customer Question
hi my stereo is always...
hi my stereo is always in stand by mode every time i time the key off i have to reset the radio.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: ***** ***** KDCMP343 stereo.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have wired it up yellow and red together black to earth left brown out.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: hi i have a Kenwood KDC343MP stereo it always stays in stand by mode.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/2/2016
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Ray and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially and if "...wired it up yellow and red together...", are these 2 wires then connected to an always available +12V source? ...or only when the key is set to ACC or IGN ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi i have done that put red and yellow to 12v power still get same result, So i put yellow to power and red to acc.

Yes; yellow wire to an always available +12V source such as the battery's + terminal while the red wire to a source that would only have +12V when the ignition switch is turned to ACC or ON.

Louie, Technician