Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

Cannot connect to Pandora on Yamaha RX A820, Yamaha RX A820

Customer Question

cannot connect to Pandora on Yamaha RX A820
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Yamaha RX A820 a few years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was using my phone interface to turn the receiver on and left the house and Pandora dropped off and hasn't worked since
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I bought a new router and hooked it up, receiver shows connected to the internet
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Please click the link below and scroll to page 103 then follow the steps to Restore the Factory Settings on the Yamaha:

http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20120702104700/Manuals/022/022RXA820.PDF

Set the unit up as if it were new and see if you can connect to Pandora.

If not, then uninstall the Yamaha App from your phone and reinstall it.

Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
im working on it
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Okay, I need to step out but will be back online later tonight.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Well, so far nothing worked. I reset the receiver and reloaded the app on my phone nothing worked. Receiver says it is connected but the Pandora app says not connected to the internet. (access error)
Expert:  Rusty replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is Rusty. I'm a different expert. Can you please verify that the receiver is connected to your network? Pandora can be connected, but you need to be connected to the internet before it can receive any content.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am connected.... Shows in address and all that stuff
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This isn't working, I am going to get some help locally. I will need a refund if I have been charged