Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

My new Denon 710w AVR turns off my HDTV speakers then the

Customer Question

My new Denon 710w AVR turns off my HDTV speakers then the headphones are plugged in. My old Denon 3801 AVR would not do this using the HDTV's coaxial out to the AVR. Is there a way to keep the HDTV's speakers on ?. The new Denon AVR has Bluetooth, maybe wireless bluetooth headphones will do this, or pulling out some of the HDMI cable pins to stop this.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the HDTV's exact make and model?
Customer: Mitubishi 133 are the last numbers, it is a 2008 model
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried bypassing the HDMI audio from the cable and use a coaxial cable but the speakers still turn off
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no ok
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

This is really a limitation of the receiver, and one that applies to most all receivers, they shut down the main speakers on purpose when headphones are connected. The bluetooth ability of the denon would not output to headphones.

The best thing you could do here is bypass the denon entirely for headphone purposes, and connect a small headphone amp to the analog outs on your cable/satellite box, or use a bluetooth transmitter off the optical/coax port on the tv, to some bluetooth headphones: http://amzn.to/1TOPJBU

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.