Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a bose lifestyle 48. I know, old technology... I used

Customer Question

Hi I have a bose lifestyle 48. I know, old technology... I used to be able to watch/listen to things in Dolby 5.0, lately I notice on my bose receiver that things are coming through in 2.0 and not in Dolby. I'm no techie so I know my lingo is way off... we have recently moved and are contracted with Comcast now as opposed to our old Verizon fios. would that make a difference?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: bought it in 2007ish
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I wouldn't know what to try. everything works just fine its just that nothing is in dolby anymore.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is it a cable thing?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, is the above described "...nothing is in dolby anymore..." also observed when playing a known to be good DVD movie disc?

Is there sound from all the cube speakers and even from the Acoustimass module?

Still, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Comcast provided interface / cable box. Additionally, please describe how the cable box is connected to the Bose LS48 using what kind of cable(s).

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sound is coming from all five speakers. used to be able to watch tv shows in Dolby not just DVDs. will check on the rest...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
connected w HDMI cable
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Appreciate the post back.

What is the model number of the TV ? ...and as posted above; complete model number of the Comcast provided interface / cable box?

Please re-check too ...describe how the cable box is connected to the Bose LS48 using what kind of cable(s) - "...connected w HDMI cable...", the Media Center for an LS48 does not have provisions for HDMI connections.