Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

AWR1 -1W radio only making buzzing noise what is the charge

Customer Question

AWR1 -1W radio only making buzzing noise what is the charge for repairs
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: is it worth repairing what does the radio cost now?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Home Theater Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I live in the Cleveland area there is a Bose store in Beachwood should I take it there?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: model : AWR1-1W 10-15 years old?
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it has not been working for a long time all I thought it would not be worth getting repaired. can you give me a estimate?
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a set price on repair?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. The only place that repairs these systems, is the main Bose office in Massachusetts and all devices must be mailed to them after obtaining an RMA# ***** Bose directly.

Offhand, these symptoms point to either a processor glitch, or a hardware failure internally. On a user level the only thing that you can try is to leave the Bose unplugged from power for 60 entire minutes (as this resets the processor) then plug it back in and see if it operates normally.

NOTE: You can repeat those steps up to three times if the first does not work. Other than that, the Bose would need repairs, and additionally many units over 10 years of age are no longer repairable as parts are no longer available/as well as other components are weakened/out of spec due to age making the repair not cost effective. In the latter case, Bose will sometimes offer you a brand new system at a deeply discounted price in exchange for your old one.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

In the case the reset does not work, you can contact Bose Service using the info below:

BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?