Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Will my Boise sounddock portable system support an apple 6th

Customer Question
generation 32G touch I pod...
will my Boise sounddock portable system support an apple 6th generation 32G touch I pod by charging and playing?
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: sn 04308593210457AE. There does not seem to have a model number but a checkN123. It is pretty old
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have the Boise that worked with my old Apple I pod that lost its battery. I am thinking about replacing with a new apple but the kightening connection frightens me.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just if my speaker will work with a new Apple
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
10/10/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

It should still work, even if it has the older connector you an get a 30 pin to lightening adapter which will continue to supply both power/charge and playback functions: http://amzn.to/2dGLbDC

You could also get a bluetooth adapter (though your ipod/phone would need separate power still) that would allow wireless operation: http://amzn.to/2e4tfhH

Lastly, you may be able to use an auxiliary connection via the headphone port on the ipod if your dock model has a minijack connection on back: http://amzn.to/2dGKUAu

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Do you need more help with this?

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Nathan, Engineer