Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a bose cinemate but my acoustic module light is

Customer Question

I have a bose cinemate but my acoustic module light is orange and I am not getting any sound
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: its pretty old. it is a cinemate 1st
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I downloaded updates and unplugged the components as well as redid my array
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can hear the set up information on the speakers but when I attempt to hear to television; I get no sound
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

When you mention "attempt to hear my television", do you get your broadcasts through a Cable BOX specifically please? If so, have you tried a basic reboot of the cable box by disconnecting it from power (pulling its power cord) for 10 seconds, then plugging back in yet?

Additionally, any other sources connected to the TV (DVD player, etc.) you can check to see if those give sound through the Bose?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay. Thank u
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

You're welcome. Our replies crossed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have the speaker directly connected to the television and when I put it on outside speaker mode nothing happens but I could switch it to the TV speakers and I get Sound
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Okay I understand. How is the Bose connected to the TV - is it using an Optical cable or RCA stereo cables please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am using an optical cable him I've switch those out just to be sure it was properly working and when I switched to use the different component it worked but when I connected to the Bose sound bar and my TV it does not work so I don't I'm not I don't believe it is the optical cable
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

No it would not be, just wanted to check the basics. Please unplug the Bose from power for 5 minutes then plug it back in, make sure optical is selected as the Input and then check for sound please. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is a bar and an acoustic module speaker. Should I unplug both? I have already tried this but will give it another shot.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

I would go ahead and unplug both, I wasn't sure which Cinemate you had here (there are half a dozen different units), since the symptoms don't appear setting/adjustment related. They are either hardware or processor related and we need to try this to confirm.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

If so, this would indicate an internal fault in the Bose, and unfortunately nothing that any settings or adjustments will correct.

In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank u for your assistance. I will contact bose
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

You're welcome and best of luck with the Cinemate. If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Do you need further help with this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No thank u. I'm just going to contact Bose
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.