Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

My Bose 321 system AUX volume is not working. Radio and DVD

Customer Question
My Bose 321 system AUX...
My Bose 321 system AUX volume is not working. Radio and DVD volume does work. We had a short power outage and after the reset by unplugging and plugging in after several minutes the AUX does not work.
JA: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?
Customer: Bose / Model PS3-2-1 - AVIS SN# ***** Approx 15 years old.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As I mentioned we had a short power out. I read on line to unplug for at least a minute and then plug in the power cord.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
10/6/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Call my cell please.(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, do not call me, but I do not see a response to my question???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there Nathan?

Yes I am here, please try to send just a single reply though and give me a moment to get it and respond.

We can do the call if you like, or continue here.

Can you tell me what device you have connected to the aux port.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Samsung TV, I unplugged all of the connections and plugged them back in, but not change in AUX volume.

So are you getting no sound from the tv through the bose at all? Or you hear something but can't adjust it?
What specific cords are you using for aux? Optical or red/white?
Any sound from the samsung tv speakers?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Correct no sound to the TV from the BOSE.
Red / white cords
Yes the TV speakers are working correctly.The bose speakers work when you change to radio.

Okay so can you go into the tv settings menu and turn off the tv speakers (or set to external/theater) and if you see a setting as well for variable or fixed, put it on fixed and see if that helps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Working on it. Stand by

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The tv external speaker is checked. Proportion to the power surge the tv setting was checked we just turned the tv volume down. I do not see how to uncheck the tv speaker

You don't necessarily need to turn it off, I just want to make sure the external is enabled.

Can you switch over to an optical (fiber optic) connection instead of the red/white?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know what you are describing. What is this cable and what does it look like ?

Look on the back of the tv for the Digital Audio Out port, it is a little square port with a red light in side.
It uses this type of cord: http://amzn.to/2dwes1g

This is actually the preferred method of connection anyway and will give better sound, the red/white often won't even work at all in many cases. I want to switch to this because the problem may be damage to either the analog aux inputs on the bose or to the output on the tv.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have this cable so I will purchase one and see if that helps.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still on line?

OKay, you can order it via the link online, or pick one up at best buy.

Just bookmark this page and you can get back in touch with me once you have the cord.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I purchased the digital audio cable and plugged it into the Bose and to the TV ports but the AUX audio still does not work. What now?

Did you change the input on the bose? You need to actually set it to the Optical (DIG) input mode instead of aux, aux is specifically the red/white ports.

It may not actually be linked to anything yet, it depends how your system was set up,

so go into the bose settings menu, under Media Center, then Optical Source, and set that to AUX, then you can use it on Aux mode.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do you do that other tha plugging in the cables?

You need to go into the menu and change that setting as I explained above

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The remote when I push settings gives me an option to see TV but I do not see any instructions.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will call Bose in the morning, but thanks for trying. Probably not you but me not understanding.

This would be done on the BOSE remote, do you have a menu button instead of settings?

Louie, Technician