Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Why can't I get a readout on a Kenwood vr615 received

Customer Question
digital surround sound digatilsorround...
Why can't I get a readout on a Kenwood vr615 received digital surround sound digatilsorround
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
9/27/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

NOTE: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please send a reply back on this page so we can continue.

Are you not able to see the display at all, and are the other functions on the receiver working as they should (is there sound, etc.)?

If all else is working as it should, but there's no display, then this could be caused by a software glitch, or even the LED display on the Kenwood having failed.

Please first try unplugging the receiver from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in as a soft reboot. Then turn it on and check the display. If there's still no display then locate the DIMMER button on the front of the receiver (towards the left side of the panel) and toggle the button 3 times to see if you can get any display at all.

If there's still nothing then the only thing on a user level you can try is to leave the receiver unplugged from power for 60 minutes or longer in the hopes the processor resets. Beyond that this would require hardware repairs made to the Kenwood - more specifically, the display would actually need to be replaced.

The average cost for this type of repair is in the $125 range and a shop can be located at the link below if you'd like:

http://www.stereorepair.com

Other than that, a brand new stereo receiver by Sony or Yamaha starts at around $150, or an entry-level home theater receiver - around $250, which is something to consider in lieu of putting $125 into this unit.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Do you need further assistance with this Larry?

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.

Aric, Engineer