Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a denon avr-x1000 and the sound is coming out very

Customer Question
muffled all of a sudden...
I have a denon avr-x1000 and the sound is coming out very muffled all of a sudden. It seems that multi ch stereo is the only mode that is working properly. What could be causing that issue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2016
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Would you be willing to try a reset of the Denon AVR ? that might be best for this situation, since it probably isn't 'broken' as evidenced by one mode still working.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is fine, walk me through?

OK. Preparing that info, just a minute or five, please...

First, turn Off the Denon device using the button on it, rather than by a surge protector nor by unplugging.

OK?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if you prefer to talk on the phone I am okay with that

Good.

Now, press both TUNER PRESET CH +

and TUNER PRESET CH -

and hold both down... wait until

INITIALIZED

appears on the display, then let go of the two buttons.

Then try and see if it has improved, please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Roughly how long should I be holding and the unit should be off when I am pushing correct?

Perhaps my instructions are confused.

Maybe the instructions left out, '...while turning On the power again.' after 'Press both...[etc.]'

I regret that omission.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, I must be doing something wrong... I am not getting initialized on the display

From an OFF state, hold down those two buttons

both TUNER PRESET CH +

and TUNER PRESET CH -

and hold both down... while turning the Denon device back On.

And keep holding them down until INITIALIZED appears.

What do you get? (I apologize for giving you slightly bad instructions at first.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got it, currently holding the buttons down and it is blinking on th e display

Good.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still waiting on initialized to appear
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It never said initialized, but it is now asking me language preference

OK. Wait another 2 minutes, and after... oh. That means it has indeed reset!

That's a signal on initial or first initialization, to get the basics set up.

Try setting it up, see if the sound is now normal.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Currently loading

OK, no hurry. Let me know how it goes at your convenience. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am currently at the setup assistant screen and it is loading. Is there a rough estimate of how long it takes? It has been over 10 min at this screen.

That's surprising. Maybe something is wrong with your Denon.

How old is it?

Since this happened, how long is the longest you have turned it Off? it might require being turned Off and unplugged from power for 20 minutes or longer, to cool off and reset.

Or it just might be 'broken'... I hope not.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Less then 4 years... It was turned off all afternoon after the issue started, so at least 3-4 hours, but it wasn't unplugged

I see. If it still seems locked up in initializing, after 10 more minutes, then something *is* wrong with the Denon, unfortunately.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Frustrating... Still stuck, looks like it is broke. Thanks for trying.

I'm sorry to hear that.

It has been button-reset, it has been reset by leaving it Off for a while... it's slow to initialize when button-reset... it produces odd-sounding sound... I think it unfortunately might be in need of service-repair, to work properly and fully again.

A question: was it powered through a surge protector? whether you have it serviced, or replace it, a surge protector for any electronic device of any value is an investment that always pays off in the long run.

Would you be willing to rate my work on this case favorably, under the circumstances? I know it must be disappointing to get to this result, but we have done about all we could for it at this point.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is in a surge protector. I wouldn't mind giving you a good rating for your advice. But obviously I don't want to pay the guaranteed fee, considering this is going to cost me much more... How does all that work?

I have no power over pricing.

Customer Support at JustAnswer.com can deal with your pricing inquiry.

They are at

*****@******.***

or through phone or other means at

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

If after making that inquiry, or adjustment, you still want to rate my work as good, please let me know. There is no hurry.

Louie, Technician