Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

System works ten minutes later an awful buzzing sound that I

Customer Question

System works ten minutes later an awful buzzing sound that I imagine was a 60 cycle sound, it was more than a hum it sounded like static. I live in Lakeland, Fl 33809. I need a boze technician, I don't want just anybody working on the system. My phone number is(###) ###-#### my e-mail is jms910@ tampabay.rr.com. My system is an L1tm Model II system with toneMatch port and a B1 Bass module, my system is attached to a Yamaha mixing console MG 166CX/MG166C.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

In order to locate an authorized Bose technician, you would need to contact Bose directly using the contact info below, as they only ones that have access to schematics and replacement parts for their systems.

BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Offhand these symptoms would be indicative of a cold/cracked solder joint, or out of spec component on the power supply PCB of the unit (which is where 60 hz noise is induced from).

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?