Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I hope you can help. I have a Pioneer vsx-44 reciever. I

Customer Question

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I hope you can help. I have a Pioneer vsx-44 reciever. I have xfinity x1 cable. Today I turn it on to Sat/cable I get a no device connected on the TV. The HDMI words are flashing. It was working a few days ago
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: It is a Panasonic 60in plasma tv. I cannot move it to see the model number on the back. Sorry.
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We have been gone for about a week. My adult children were here and I don't know if they did anything. I have tried a different HDMI cable. I have tried to reset the receiver. (but couldn't figure out how to do that.
JA: Anything else you want the theater expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Denise.

Initially, it sounds like the t may just be on the wrong input.
Are you still getting sound through the pioneer speakers from your different inputs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tuner has no problem
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

What about the comcast box though?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Was that hdmi message flashing on the tv, or on the pioneer display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the pioneer display
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the TV it is saying that no device is connected
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have updated the info
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** again if you would please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure why the card is not going through since I can see the initial $5.00 charge on my card. I just logged into my account.Guess I'll just type if that is ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cables have been changed on the back of the receiver. All was working before. I put a new hdmi cable on but did not make a difference
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

yes that is fine.

Do you have any other hdmi based devices (dvd, game, roku, etc) working properly through the pioneer currently?

Can you please try plugging the comcast box directly into the back of the tv (bypassing the pioneer) and let me know if you can get picture on the tv that way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the picture is on the tv when I hook it directly to the cable box
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay that points to a hardware fault in the pioneer,

we really need to test another hdmi device (and port) on the pioneer if possible, can you do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the blueray dvd player works. the hdmi light is not blinking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

So the bluray is on hdmi?
When you tested that, was the comcast box still connected to the pioneer during this time?

Can you switch back to comcast on the pioneer and let me know if that flashing hdmi light comes back on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the hdmi light came back on and is blinking. The tv screen says no device connected
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay that would indicate an incompatibility or miscommunication between the comcast box and the pioneer,

try unplugging power to the box for 60+ seconds to reboot, and let me know if that helps, if not we'll reset the pioneer next.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not help
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, power the receiver off,

press and hold the BAND button on front, while powering it back on

then use the auto/stream direct button to highlight the word RESET,

then press alc/standard to confirm

OK will show when complete,

power off and back on, and then test again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after I powered off I pushed and held the BAND button and tried to power back on. The receiver would not power back on
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Let go of it and try again to power on normally

If you have the multizone mode turned on you have to turn that off first before you can reset

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turn the multi zone mode off then hit BAND and Power but still nothing. When I try and turn the receiver back on the multi zone is back on. So I can turn it off, but as soon as I power back on it is back on. Does that make sense'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go to bed. I'm falling asleep waiting.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry I missed you last night, Denise. I had not heard back for quite some time so I had gone offline for the evening as well.

We can pick this up anytime.

Try this: Turn off the multizone, then power off,

then with it in standby mode hold band while trying to turn back on. Does that generate a RESET ? indicator on the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Nathan,
You stated that you did not hear back from me for some time, It was 8 minutes that I did not respond. In order for me to do what you ask I have to go to another room and pull the receiver out of the cabinet. Beside for that a simple "Are you still there.... Or some type of communication that you are signing off would of been nice. I waited for about 45 minutes for you to respond. I am very disappointed with your service and you did not resolve my problem. I request that you refund my money.
Sincerely, *****
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Denise,

The site does not permit that type of follow up message, it is a one for one process and all our other messages had much much closer together. I apologize for any inconvenience.

I have no control over any billing issues, but we are close to a resolution here when you can complete the reset process.

If it still didn't take effect, you need to go into the settings and disable the hdmi control/power function and then reset should work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a technician coming out to take a look at the receiver. I could not get it to reset. That is what was taking so long. A bit frustrated with the whole process and the way this system works and frustrated/fell stupid that I sat waiting for a responds from you. The system should of told me that you had logged off. Not happy at all
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry this is not working for you. I'll opt out of the question, and you may seek a refund from the help page.

Do not reply back, and do not rate, either will interfere with cancelling and refuding.

Have a nice day,