Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater RTD205, door will not open. HELP

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/23/2016
Technician: Michael, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Michael
Michael, Customer Service

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Home Theater system?

Also does it goet a lot of use?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Michael the unit is about twelve years old and it gets used very little. I open the door and place a CD in slot two, Closed the door. The door will not open now

Thank you for that.

This is going to be a bad drive belt for the door. its difficult to spot as its under the door carriage.

But these belts lose their elasticity after a few years especially if not used often.

If you are really handy you could replace that yourself, but if not, I would just bring it in to Best Buy or Sears. They will send it out for what amounts to a tune up, replace the belts, clean the insides and the laser.

That is an excellent unit and this work is well worth the cost and this will work perfectly for the the next 12 years ;-)

Both Best Buy and Sears are fair priced, and do very good work.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great week!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Customer Service