Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Thanks! I have a Yamaha RX-1020 with Klipsch speakers. The

Customer Question

Thanks! I have a Yamaha RX-1020 with Klipsch speakers. The sound keeps cutting off for a few seconds every few minutes or so. I've checked all the wires and made sure the connections are solid. Doesn't seem to make any difference whether I'm listening to TV or CD player
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung LED TV series 6 55" Model number: UN55F6300AF. About 2 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just checked speaker wire connections and changed source from TV to CD player. No troubles with the built in TV speakers
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: This is all I can think of. THANKS!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What model Klipsch speakers are you using and how many speakers are connected?

2) How long has this been setup for and when did the problem occur?

3) When the sound cuts out are there any error messages on the display of the Yamaha?

4) Does the sound restore itself, and also does this only occur when the receiver gets warm/hot (after it's been running awhile)?

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Do you need assistance with the question you posted?