Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

We have the Onkyo TX-SR705 system and just had installed 4

Customer Question
Yamaha outdoor speakers. Only...
We have the Onkyo TX-SR705 system and just had installed 4 Yamaha outdoor speakers. Only two of the speakers are producing sound outside and we can't locate the adjustment on the console to make sure all of the woofers are adjusted to produce sound.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/15/2016
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Lynda and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, to which speaker terminals of the Onkyo TX-SR705 are the "...4 Yamaha outdoor speakers..." connected to please?

Are everything else working as expected with the Onkyo TX-SR705 (except for 2 of the 4 Yamaha speakers)?

And is the original remote control for the Onkyo TX-SR705 available / usable?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The speakers were mounted on the outside walls in same place as the old ones. Everything else is working on the inside speakers as usual. The remote is not available. Where is the speaker button on the console - treble, bass, etc........

Appreciate the post back.

Please bear with me; which speaker terminals of the Onkyo TX-SR705 are the "...4 Yamaha outdoor speakers..." connected to?

For the tone control of the front speakers, have you tried pressing on the TONE button a couple of times to display BASS or Treble as preferred?

...and then press on the - or + to adjust as needed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tone gives me a choice of Bass (+ or -) Treble (+ or - ) and CD, but I don't see where it adjusts for right and left speakers. The two that are not producing sound are on the left side....

There is no specific BALANCE adjustment/control for this model.

That "...The two that are not producing sound are on the left side..." may point to a likely speaker wiring or speaker terminal issue.

Have you re-checked the speaker terminals where the left speaker wires are connected to? ...and the speaker/wires themselves?

Still, which speaker terminals of the Onkyo TX-SR705 are the "...4 Yamaha outdoor speakers..." connected to please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nope - already committed to $27 IF I receive good advice. If not, Cancelling the charge.......

Thank you for your kind understanding of machine generated / auto site offers.

As posted above:

• Have you re-checked the speaker terminals where the left speaker wires are connected to? ...and the speaker/wires themselves?
  • Still, which speaker terminals of the Onkyo TX-SR705 are the "...4 Yamaha outdoor speakers..." connected to please?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know how these wires are connected for the terminal to the outside speakers. Someone else who has looked at the system said there should be a control that designates right and left speakers and then adjusts treble and bass. Where is that on our system controls?

I have already provided the information on how to adjust the bass and treble; please see above.

Likewise provided is the information that "...There is no specific BALANCE adjustment/control for this model...."

The simplest check is to look at the back of the Onkyo TX-SR705 and see which speaker terminals are used by the "...4 Yamaha outdoor speakers..."

Then the simplest test would be to swap where the left and right speaker wires are connected.

If the originally "...The two that are not producing sound are on the left side..." would now be the 2 on the right, then the speaker wire issue is confirmed and not with the settings/configurations of the Onkyo.

...and of course the other way around would inversely hold true.

Can this be done please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll need to check with the installer tomorrow to see if this can be done or makes sense to him.

Thanks.

And would look forward to an update when able.

Louie, Technician