Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Denon AVR1612, purchased in 2013. It is installed

Customer Question

I have a Denon AVR1612, purchased in 2013. It is installed in my Motorhome which is used every couple of months. Today I tried to turn my Denon on and it cycles through A/V Surround and Receiver with the green light on then powers off and repeats. Cycle takes about 2 secs. Tried the reset (power button + <>) with no success and tried disconnecting for 30 minutes, still no change. Any suggestions for how to remedy? The amp is installed in a cabinet and will not be easy to remove. Thanks.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried gently tapping on the various buttons/selectors of the AVR-1612?

Bear with me as I review the repair/Service Manual for other possible user doable tries.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried the factory reset - power button + << and >> until the lights on the display panel blink, release all buttons and power on. No change.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

If the RESET was not corrective, then it would be indicative of an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Perhaps more importantly, would you be comfortable working on the inside circuitry? ...LIVE!