Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I can't find my Denon receiver on the bluetooth on either my

Customer Question
Hi - I can't find...
Hi - I can't find my Denon receiver on the bluetooth on either my wife's phone or my laptop, although I previously found it when we originally set up the device on my own iPhone and can still connect to it that way. Help!?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
7/25/2016
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

Can you give me the model number please ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HI jack,Devon AVR-X1300W

Very sorry but i did not mean to post here , the website does that at times ,

I will have to opt out now.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

I see that no one came forward so perhaps I could help you with this , I`m free now

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

You said that you could still connect with your iPhone ?

If so then it would mean that when you set the denon to Bluetooth it will try to connect to your phone which is the last connect it had

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my iPhone that I originally connected is still connected, but I can't find the denon receiver on my wife's iPhone or laptop. My wife is home now if you want to call(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But how do we connect a new device to it

Actually its the denon that will find them , not the other way around

This is easier done when it shows on the tv screen (GUI ) .

If you already have all your video going through the denon then nothing to do it will show there .

Do you want me to call your wife ?

Is that the phone number you left with the phone offer ?

I will accept the phone request and call that number anyway

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just sent it again to make sure. No video running through it. Yes calling her would be easiest thanks

I mean that the denon is connected HDMI to the tv so that its menu can be seen on the tv screen , is that correct ?

You are watching tv through the denon normally ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No we exclusively use it to connect to our house audio system. The technician used a monitor to install it, but Thats gone now. I synced my phone to it directly at a later stage just using my phone and the denon

That's a problem then , you need to see the GUI (graphic user interface ) like the installer did with its monitor

The way this works is that the denon discovers your units and connects to them

Right now it is searching for your phone only , you have to ell him to also includes the other discovered units and that is done through the GUI and denon remote

Not sure if this can be done blind

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hmmm...but I synced my phone up without the GUI?

Yes the first one but now you have to tell him to includes the others , it likes your phone now and looks only for that

You have to disconnect him in order to connect him elsewhere

That is done by pressing OPTION on the remote when in Bluetooth mode and selecting PAIRING then select another device

Technician: Michael, Appliance Repair Technician replied 1 year ago
Michael
Michael, Appliance Repair Technician
Phone call session started

Otherwise anyone could come around and play music on your system , your neighbor for example :)

By the way , I have a similar receiver myself so I know how they work beside the fact that I repair them .

I don`t know about your pc or wife`s phone and perhaps your iPhone was able to connect without the confirmation on the denon but this is how its done normally with those .

You set it in Bluetooth mode and press OPTION on the remote then PAIRING and it will discover what is discoverable and while you have your device ready you select that device then normally your device will be asked for a code which is 0000 and that's it

Once those device have been added to its list you no longer need the guy , you can add up to 8 device on this receiver and next time you want to use it you just do it from your device , it will recognize them .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician