Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

My avr s910w sees my wifi network but will not connect. It

Customer Question
says wifi password ***** *****...
My avr s910w sees my wifi network but will not connect. It says wifi password ***** ***** All my other wifi devices connect with the password ***** entered. I have tried rebooting the receiver but get the same result. This happened after a wifi router reboot. Can you help with this issue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
7/18/2016
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Netgear r6300
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would rather do it this way for now.
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

On a computer that is connected to the router, perform the steps below:
- Click the following link: http://192.168.1.1
Username: admin
Password: password
- Click the Wireless settings link

Your network name and password ***** listed on that page.

Using the network name and password ***** you obtained from the instructions above, reconnect to the wireless signal.
Did that work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, wait one while I open router.
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, I am at wireless settings
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

Okay, good. Do you see the wireless name & password? Use that information to log the AVR into the wireless signal.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is what I have been entering
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We are talking about the 2.4Hz bgn side correct?
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

Your AVR device may not be compatible with that level of encryption. When you enter the password, are you entering all uppercase letters in uppercase?

Yes, we are talking about the 2.4 GHz signal, if that is what you are trying to connect.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2 of the letters in the password ***** uppercase, but I have used on this device in the past. Are you suggesting I change it to all one case?
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

I am not suggesting that you change it. When you enter those two uppercase letters on the device, are you entering them in uppercase or lowercase?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I enter the 2 uppercase letters in uppercase
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

Which level of encryption is being used? (WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA-TKIP, WPA-AES, WPA2-TKIP, etc)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WPA2-PSK (AES)
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

Okay. Change that to WPA-TKIP. Once you save that on the router, you will have to reconnect other devices. Once it is saved, try connecting the device again. Is it working now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry I lost you for a moment how will this affect my other devices. I have an ip Web cam that took me awhile to port.
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

It will disconnect all of the devices. You would need to reconnect each one. May I remote in so that I can take a look at the network setup? I may be able to edit it so that the device connects without having to change it as such.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok how does this work? Will everything here be secure?
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes, everything is secure.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
now what?
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 18 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
By the way I made a mistake about the password, it is all in uppercase and numbers I was looking at network name before , but the I did enter the password *****
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

ok.

Are you having problems running the remote application?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm using a tablet to talk to you and accessing the router on a laptop.
Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

Okay. Follow the instructions on the laptop, please.

Louie, Technician