Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Wave Music System model Awrcc2. Service no.

Customer Question

I have a Wave Music System model Awrcc2. Service no. 033976c43085679AC.
When I try to play a C.D. it "sTutters" or doesn't play at all. At times it seems O'k, but
quite irregularly. Any advice?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. This is issue is going to be due to the motor that spins the disc failing, or being gummed with dirt/debris and needing to be cleaned. It required dis-assembly in most cases to fix the issue. Before moving to that though, it would be worth getting a can of compressed air (available from Staples, Radio Shack or Wal-Mart) and liberally spraying the disc slot to remove any dust or debris as a first step. This can clear the issue in some cases, but beyond that the machine must be opened to dig deeper into the issue. Is this something you're looking to try to tackle yourself?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If so, let me know and I can assist further. However if this is not something you're comfortable with then there's a 3rd party repair service below that can both clean, lubricate and/or replace the drive motor as needed:

http://www.myboserepair.com/bose_wave_radio_cd_repair.htm

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Service manuals and parts can be purchased for this unit as well- if you go that route, simply message me back on this page.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?