Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have an AVR 1909. The power keeps cutting out. I've reset

Customer Question

I have an AVR 1909. The power keeps cutting out. I've reset to the factory settings multiple times. That improves the problem, but only for a while, and the problem now keeps coming back faster than before. Advice?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is it actually shutting down, or does it stay on but just loses sound?
Does the display flash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shuts down (but not off; it goes into standby mode.). The display does not flash.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

This could be caused by a short in one of the speakers or components, thermal fault, or an internal defect in the amp itself.

You can try a few fixes yourself. To begin, power the receiver off, and disconnect all speakers and components. Try to turn it back on in Tuner (am/fm) mode and see if it will stay on. If it does, power off and reconnect 1 speaker, then power on to test again. Continue this process until you isolate the speaker or component causing the problem, or until everything operates normally.

Let me know the results, or lack thereof, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you nee more help with this?