Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Vhs plays fine. dvd plays [email protected] vertical lines @double

Customer Question

vhs plays fine. dvd plays [email protected] vertical lines @double image. sony slv- d201p
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: on initial hook up today
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: checked cable conections but vhs tapes play great
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model of the tv?
What connections are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv is a LG led , cables are RCA white,yellow, red .
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay the issue is that there are different connections needed.

The red/white/yellow is for vhs, you need a set of component cables (red/green/blue+red/white) for the dvd functions (that can actually output vhs too, so you really only need the 1 set). Hook up the component cables from the other side of the sony to the tv, set the tv input to the component/hd mode, and you should get vhs and dvd both working.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
every thing works great including VHS tapes,dvd plays bl;ack&white double images @ vertical thin lines
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Yes I understand that, and I am telling you that to get the proper/complete signal out of the dvd function you should switch to the component video connections.