Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have Serius XM in two vehicles. I want to get Serius XM

Customer Question
I have Serius XM in...
I have Serius XM in two vehicles. I want to get Serius XM for my home. I have a Denon AVR-S900W entertainment system. it is tied to Cable.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Can you help me?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not tried any IO want to buy Serius for my home and use my Denon as the receiver
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
7/11/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, Thank you for the question. All that you need to get XM/Sirius (which are the same company now) on the Denon is a play and play docking station that plugs into the "Aux" RCA jacks on the back of the Denon. The Denon does not have a built in XM/Sirius tuner, or any direct connectivity that way- but the docking station will work without a problem. I am pulling a link up to a compatible unit that will work with your Denon.

The XM "Onyx" kit (which includes the home dock and also the audio cable, power supply and antenna to connect) is at the link below for $70:

https://shop.siriusxm.com/onyx-ez-home.html?b=new&c=36874&utm_campaign=SEM_GOOGLE_SHOP&utm_source=SEM_Google_PLA&gclid=Cj0KEQjwh428BRCnvcyI-5nqjY4BEiQAijebwuTAVT9Coz9XFkMYEeJAcwTHoaHFARl0wFXwvFQuR6MaAsV18P8HAQ

You simply mount the antenna in an area with good reception- plug that into the XM unit, plug the included power supply into the tuner, and then run the included audio cable from the dock to the Denon's RCA audio input jacks (Aux, or CD can be used). Select the Aux or CD Input on the Denon and then you will be able to listen to XM through the receiver.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Do you need further assistance with this?

I actually have some new information, if you're still online.

Please send a reply so that I know you are here.

Aric, Engineer