Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

We have a 40 inch samsung led tv it is only 2years old and

Customer Question
has a blue screen, no...
we have a 40 inch samsung led tv it is only 2years old and has a blue screen, no picture but sound
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2 years old model # *****
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: we unplugged all cable boxes switched to a cable box we had on our other TV, unplugged the tv and replugged everything in
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/10/2016
Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-If you grab the Samsung remote and press MENU, or Volume, does anything show up on the tv screen? Try this also with the buttons on the tv itself please.

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nothing happens we get sound and just a blue screen
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there are no buttons on the tv

Is it a bright blue or just like the screen is slightly glowing?

Does the tv volume go up/down when you use the Samsung remote volume buttons?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is slightly glowing blue screen and the volume does not go up or down
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we changed the batteries in the remote also

unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, then a $100 part inside needs to be ordered and replaced. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further. If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted which typically runs $300-$400 (parts and labor).

I'm very sorry for the bad news. Let me know how else I can help and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician