Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Sharp CD Stero Receiver Model SC-9760. When I t the

Customer Question

I have a Sharp CD Stero Receiver Model SC-9760. When I hit the function button to CD it comes up Merr. I cannot open the CD tray to access my CDs. All I want to do is one it up and get my CDs out. It is a 50+1 CD Player. HOW DO I GET MY CDS OUT EXCEPT FROM HAVING TO DESTROY THE SYSTEM?????
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.