info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Home Theatre and Amplifiers expert
18621325

I'm about to buy an old Yamaha RX-596 speakers I have but

Customer Question

I'm about to buy an old Yamaha RX-596 for some speakers I have but I'm confused and don't know too much about audio. On the manual it looks like you can connect 4 speakers, 2 on channel A and 2 on B. However, I read an amazon review where the person wrote: "Despite the current fad for multi-channel audio/video receivers, the majority of people still listen to music with two speakers and only need a two-channel stereo receiver to drive them. I'm one such person and -- as a fanatic audiophile -- this is the receiver I use."
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: This isn't about a television
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: this is about whether or not I should buy this receiver
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

You can do either or both?so you can in effect connect just two speakers for stereo sound only?its a choice thing if you want to connect more you can or if you want to run a different format like 5.1 sound you can

Let me know if you need more help with this

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Anthony