How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Louie Your Own Question
Louie, Technician
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Satisfied Customers: 12460
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
Type Your Home Theater-Stereo Question Here...
Louie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just bought bose 901 speakers with equilzer what kind of

Customer Question

I just bought bose 901 speakers with equilzer what kind of receiver/ampapher do I need it says ineed a tape portal
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Glen and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, any/most models of stereo (2-channel) receiver / amplifier with TAPE IN/OUT that can be mechanically selected would serve the connections need of the 901 equalizer. The presence of the TAPE RECORDER CONNECTIONS / jacks on the equalizer is to compensate since the amp/receiver's TAPE IN/OUT would be used.

Some other models of the analog stereos with PRE-OUT and MAIN IN jacks would also would also work well with the 901 equalizer. Please click HERE for 1 (among others); a Kenwood KA-600. Note the jumpers for the L & R PRE OUT to MAIN IN jacks. If the 901 equalizer would be used with this receiver, then the jumpers would be removed and these jacks connected to the equalizer's INPUT & OUTPUT jacks.

On the other hand, almost all modern day/digital multi-channel receivers/home theaters would not be directly compatible.