Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have just moved and after putting the equipment back

Customer Question
Hello, I have just moved...
Hello, I have just moved and after putting the equipment back together, it seems the SW channel is not working. My JL is demoing ok, but though hooked up correctly, nothing comes out of the sub. I went back to the setup on my Denon AVR-3806 and made sure the sub
settings are on, but the channel seems dead. I also can't get the setup to work like it did
the first time I balanced the room in the other home. It will check to see if all the speakers
are connected, but no bleep-blerp sounds to balance acoustics. Can you help without taking
the unit in for service?
Jeff
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
6/26/2016
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Jeff and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, let's try a fresh start; have you considered / tried a RESET?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No Louie, how do I reset?

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of a hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this RESET is done through the setup process?

Sorry Jeff but no. Were you able to view the RESET procedures as shown HERE ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK Louie, I'll try the Reset process and hope for the best. If it doesn't work I should take it in?

Not yet Jeff as there are still other reviews / checks that can be done.

Bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the subwoofer please.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure what you mean, but here is the mod. # ***** I know it is a few years old, and the remote stinks, but I will fix it
if I can.

...and the subwoofer model ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Error on the mod.#, sorry Louie. Mod. # *****

...and the subwoofer model ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
JL Fathom F113

Appreciate the additional information.

Please post back results / observations once the RESET has been tried.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, I try the Reset later and post back the results.

Thanks.

Would look forward to an update then when able.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Louie!

Cheers.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Louie, I have run and re-run the unplug and re-start several times, the the Reset procedure several times, without any success
in restoring the SW. At first I realized I was not triggering the setup properly, but when I did, it could not register all the speakers for the test, and stopped. No feed back so I canceled out and tried again. I think there is a bigger problem since it
can't do a setup. I better take it in, as I'm frustrated, and need help. I tried to at least get it back to where it was working without the SW, but no, now there is nothing. I have the TV hooked up to the cable box, and my wife is ticked off at me.

Jeff,

Are you able to set the speakers to SMALL?

Still, if the RESET was not corrective and as posted above, then yes; i.e. it would most likely point to an internal hardware issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hay, sorry for the delay Louie, I was trying the Cust. Serv. email when I thought I was doing the re-login wrong. Now, yes I
have a choice for size and it registers correctly Large and small. It takes the SW yes also and seems to not it properly, but
sends no signal.
So, as I asked in the email a couple minutes ago, where do you recommend I take it for service? I have spoiled my wife and
she is ticked off at me for not being able to get it back on line. TV to cable box stinks, so I will need to rush this or she may
come unglued. Call me frustrated, with this one, and I just want to fix it and get it back on line.
thank for you patience, Louie.
Jeff

No prob Jeff and please click HERE.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great! Thanks for all the help, even if it didn't work this time. The late hour last time reminded me of Vietnam, and the Technician I used to spend time with over my Kenwood and Whorfdales at 2am or so because we couldn't sleep.
Jeff

Great!

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to exchange information.

Louie, Technician