Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a new Denon SRV-710W and I cannot get the audio to play on my speakers just the tv. Can you help me?

Customer Question
Hello I have a new...
Hello I have a new Denon SRV-710W and I cannot get the audio to play on my speakers just the tv. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
6/19/2016
Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Are you able to see the Denon setup menus on the tv screen?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Appears the site sent you an automatic pop up for phone call service. This was NOT sent by me and honestly talking on the phone only makes this process more difficult for me because I may need to send you things like links to parts, products, documents, step by step instructions, etc.

In the mean time we can continue with our chat....

Do you get audio from the AVR speakers when you play speaker test tones/setting up Audyssey, or FM, or streaming content?

Are you connecting devices like cable/sat box, game, bluray into the AVR hdmi inputs?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. New LG 4 K Smart Tv
Direct TV
New Denon AVR-S710WI Cannot get the sound to the speakers.

Did you run the Audyssey setup with the mic to calibrate the system? Was sound coming out of the speakers during that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
everything was working.
I had a Samsung connected in this room before and the coding was stuck on Samsung.direct tv helped me change the setting to LGI have a universal remote that was installed but it will only let me play sound and n the tv.it did work at first.does the connection from the genie to the hdmi have to have an Ethernet included in the hdmi cable.

No any hdmi cable will work.

Do you have the original Denon remote? Check this setting first:

HOME/MENU

VIDEO

HDMI SETUP

HDMI AUDIO OUT set to AVR

exit menus and test

Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
10-4

not sure what you mean. please clarify

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry this is too complicated to do via text. thank you.

you're welcome. please show your appreciation by submitting a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page, then reply if you want to continue later.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician