How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask alumalite Your Own Question
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Satisfied Customers: 8511
Type Your Home Theater-Stereo Question Here...
alumalite is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are the two wires back of unit, mine have been cut off-

Customer Question

What are the two wires for on back of unit, mine have been cut off- one appears to be a set of RCA's?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  alumalite replied 1 year ago.

Those two wires, if they are 18 gauge generally a white and a red send 24 vac power to the compressor control contactor inside the unit to run it in cooling mode.

Define RCA for me please

we can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I connect this to a pre amp as the wires have been cut, I have no idea what they are? RCA's are 1/4" plugs for connecting audio equip together. One of the wires is white, with bare copper wire, the other is red, with bare copper wire, and there is also another wire coming out of back of unit very thin gauge, one black, one black with white stripe marks. What kind of power does this produce? Has front A&B and rear R&L
Expert:  alumalite replied 1 year ago.

Your question got sent us in the air conditioning dept I will have it sent to home electronics. be patient, someone will pick it up shortly in most cases.

Related Home Theater-Stereo Questions