Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an acoustimass IV Bose It works but only at full

Customer Question
I have an acoustimass IV...
I have an acoustimass IV Bose It works but only at full volume and I seem to have no volume control either via remote or buttons on controller. Thoughts?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2016
Technician: info tech, Technician replied 2 years ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

I am trying to remember this unit does it have a "rotary" volume control or volume buttons please?

Anthony

I am referring to on the unit itself

on the silver controller where you select CD/Radio/AUX ad has the CD player, there are button arrow volume controls. On the big base unit, some rotary controls up and down but just for that unit.

Take the batteries OUT OF the remote to kill it and let me know if you get control back on the unit itself

done and that didn't work at all

Please understand this is a troubleshooting exercise no one is going to tell you right off the bat what this problem is so you have taken the batteries out of the remote to eliminate the remote ...still same issue

Please just give me 5 mins whilst I go over this

even with remote killed and volume controls don't work

You need to get me the official model number found on the back of the unit itself please

Anthony

Bose powered acoustimass 5 series IV powered speaker system on the big white subwoofer The Silver Controller says Bose lifestyle Model 5 music system

OK there is a problem with the unit itself likely to be the volume control on that unit now you said they are rotary controls but I have them as buttons , so just to clarify they are rotary on the unit itself?

there are two rotary controls on side of the subwoofer unit. They are basic + or - each on the small controller, button controls I have adjust the rotary controlers to no effect

Its the control box the base unit I am most interested in here as that is what drives the speakers not the speakers themselves so have a look at that or upload a photo to me of the back and the front of it (bose make so many of these units its hard to keep pace)use the paperclip on your toolbar

Also let me know if you are in a humid environment with the unit

https://mail.aol.com/webmail/getPart?uid=31676911&partId=2&scope=STANDARD&saveAs=IMG_2211.JPG
file:///C:/Users/steve%20champion/Downloads/IMG_2210.JPGno humidity kept inside

I do not have an aol account please use snaggy

no idea what snaggy is
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, This is Aric- a different Expert. Please try a reset as outlined by Bose for their systems. Simply unplug the Bose system completely from power for 60 full minutes then plug it back in. This reboots the processor and is generally the fix for this issue. Let me know what happens once this is done.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.