Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

How do I hook up my RCA stereo CD playerto my Denon x7200

Customer Question

Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. You have a few options where to plug it in. The best places are on the left of the back, labeled CD or MEDIA PLAYER. Either of these will work. You shouldn't have to do any extra setup in your menus if you can use the CD input. That is dedicated to the RCA jacks. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i HAVE TWO RED CONNECTORS AND TWO WHITE CONNECTORS AND THERE IS ONLY A PLACE FOR ONE
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

The red one is for the right speaker, the white one is for the left. Notice that where it says CD on the back, there is a white connector right next to the red one. That's where they go.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 4 cables 2 red 2 white
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, you'll only need one of them to hook up a CD player. Connect one end to your CD player where it says OUT. Connect the other end to your Denon where it says CD. That is all you need to do. Select the CD source on your Denon, and you should have great sound.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2 channel stereo cd player. the red is pos. the white is neg
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Incorrect. The red is the right signal. The ring is the neg, the center pin is the pos. The white is the left channel. Ring is neg, pin is positive. Just connect it as per my instructions, and you will be fine. You will need to trust me, I'm a sound engineer, and I do massive sound systems, because I learned by starting with CD players.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the other cable for?
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

It is extra. The only cables you need are a left (white) and a red (right). CDs only carry 2 channel audio, a left and a right.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will give it a try
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Let me know how it works.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

And please don't forget to rate 5 stars for my assistance. It is how I get credit for helping you. If you need more help, please respond and I'll be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get your CD player working?