Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Have a pioneer sc-71 receiver and not sure what happened but

Customer Question
can't play my radio station...
Have a pioneer sc-71 receiver and not sure what happened but can't play my radio station, doesn't make any sound. Then when I change channels on my dvr that I have through Dish makes a clicking noise any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/24/2016
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...dvr...Dish..."

Additionally, please describe how these and any/all other devices are connected to the Pioneer using what kind of cable(s).

And have you:

• • checked the speakers and their wiring;
  • • tried the SC-71 with any other external source such as CD, DVD, game console or even an MP3 player;
  • • plugged in a pair of headphones;
  • • unplugged the SC-71 for an extended period of time;
  • • performed a RESET.

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose other issues.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi the radio just worked a couple days ago that is why it just doesn't seem correct that would have to do a reset. It was a lot of work setting all of the options and don't know if I remember how

Please re-consider...

As posted above; "...reset is...a test...try of a fix"; the reset would allow the Pioneer to bring back the system to factory default conditions, a known good starting point particularly since "...not sure what happened..."

If no internal hardware issues, the SC-71 should be usable again and the concern of "...doesn't make any sound..." would have been addressed.

On the other hand and if all external factors have been checked and ruled out, then a non-corrective reset would point to the most likely possibility of an internal hardware issue.

Louie, Technician