Martin, Engineer
Experience:  16 years, include works in aluminium plant, industrial machinery, military weapons, programming
14666028

What is my options projecting from a laptop to a wall

Customer Question

Hello, what is my options projecting from a laptop to a wall
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi. A LED optoma.com projector is often the best choice. Depending of your laptop, you may require a converter to make VGA, DVI or HDMI play well with each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have ASUS N550 15-Inch Laptop, also would you please give more options about the projection from a laptop to a wall including the difference among them
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
That laptop have an HDMI output according to the spec so you are good with it and a modern projector.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
To give more option i would need budget and requirement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
between $500 and $1000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what requirement is?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
The amount of light (LUMEN) you want it to put. The trow (how big you want it to be able to make picture in a small room), thing like that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want it bright and to work in lighted rooms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pictures at least 100 inches
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
And do you need full HD?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Getting a projector is always a middleground choice in the end, we can't get great and low price in the same package.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
an optoma hd26 fit well your top bracket.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
an optoma ML750 fit well your bottom bracket, but is not full HD but is very portable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1-I meant different options from different companies?
2-also there is so many projectors in the market ,does all have of them project from a laptop?
3-how about from a smartphone ?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
1- You can look at Dell, infocus, epson and benQ for low cost projectors.2- yes they all allow that if they have the right input, hdmi in your case (the output of a laptop is not different than a normal computer).3-Possible, the simplest with an android phone is to use chromecast:https://www.google.com/intl/en_us/chromecast/?utm_source=chromecast.comyou may also be able to use HDMI connection or MHL:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_High-Definition_Link