Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Nakamichi TX1000 STUCK IN 45 RPM

Customer Question

WHEN HOLDING DOWN THE 33 BUTTON IT DOES GO TO 33
HOWEVER AS SOON AS I LET GO IT JUMPS BACK TO 45
AND NO THE 45 BUTTON IS NOT STUCK IN
WHAT IS CONTROLLING THIS AND HOW CAN I ACCESS TO FIX IT
I DON'T BELIEVE IT'S THE POWER SUPPLY BOX
THANK YOU
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi Stan and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes Louie I do have both
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Great on the DIY Stand! Please post back with clear closeup pictures of the inside circuitry. Of particular interest would be the circuit board of the Control PCB, Driver PCB and the CPU PCB. Of particular attention to the shift register IC2111 and IC2121. Click HERE.It would also help to check, clean and even re-solder the pins to these ICs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know where that circuit is within the three possibilities of the turntable structure. I weighs over 100 lbs so it is not too maneuverable. Also I need you to tell me where that is and how to access it as it could be in main light bar area or where the centering mechanism is.
If I can do this without disassembling the entire unit and removing it from where she sits now that would be a blessing.
Let me knowThanks,Stan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louie,? are you checking on my questionsThanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Louie ?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi Stan and apologies for any delay. Was on the road/mobile (and would be again) with sluggish if at all Internet connectivity.Unfortunately, I do not have a unit here with me to check/provide the step by step dis-assembly. All I have are repair & technical notes + relevant schematic diagrams...thus the request for pictures to serve as a common reference. Would you perhaps prefer an alternate approach to your concern / second option? The question can be re-opened by my opting out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louie,
The delay is not the problem as I don't expect you to drop everything. What is an issue is that from the start I said I needed high level detail and this turntable is worth a bit of of money so if I do any damage at all taking things apart it will be worthless. I have owned this piece since 1982 and bought it as a dealer and it is perfect condition and has never been taken apart.
I accepted the amount for the advice thinking this would be easily had. Let me know how we can proceed.
By the way a service manual should show how to access areas I should think.Thanks,Stan
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate your kind understanding Stan.I re-checked my library and unfortunately, no complete service manual for this model nor exploded parts diagram. Hopefully, another member has a copy. The question would now be re-opened and I would opt out. Still, good luck with the TX-1000.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LOUIE,It's a shame and I know there must be schematics available at least within your group of techs. If I look long enough I am sure I could locate this myself but was thinking with a large organization of techs as yours you would surely have most schematics.
In any case, do I continue with someone else and I suppose the charges I paid in already just transfer to a new person until I get the complete information? If you can give some direction how I proceed with this I will follow through.Thanks, ***** ***** bit disappointedStan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any news Louie ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louie,I have not heard from anyone …..maybe you guys should just refund all but the $5.00.Thanks,Stan