Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Pioneer Elite SC - 57 connected to a new LG oled TV

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Elite SC - 57 connected to a new LG oled TV with ARC capability. I'm using a high speed HDMI cable going from TV out to Receiver HDMI Out. When I try to listen to Netfix or Amazon movies through the App on the TV more times than not, I can only get stereo signal and not 5.1 audio. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong, or is the ARC/HDMI Control functionality not compatible between the two devices? It seems as though. Each time I hook it up anew, I get the proper 5.1, but I turn the system off. And come back the next day and all I get is stereo output rather than 5.1 for App movies. (Netflix or Amazon).
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you switching to other sources in between?Have you gone into the actual audio settings on the tv, to set the output format as dolby/digital (rather than auto)? Do the same in the individual apps as well.Failing that, adding a separate optical cable from the tv to the pioneer will likely resolve this as well. Keep in mind though, a lot of streaming content, especially older shows/movies, was not encoded in surround to begin with, so those things may still come up as stereo by design.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** was not helpful at all. The optical signal did the same thing and I know it is not the content because I have a purchased movie in 4K on Amazon that sometimes plays in 5.1 but generally I can only get it to play in stereo. Shame on you the first time. Shame on me the second time.Im not spending an additional sum of money to call you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
This was not intended to be singular fix, but rather part of a diagnostic process, and an ongoing conversation.I'm an independent tech spending my own personal time trying to help you. Any call offers you see are automated advertisements and are entirely optional.I'll opt out at this point. Best of luck to you.Nathan