Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a Panasonic SA-HT790V Dvd/VCR Home Theatre Sound System.

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic SA-HT790V Dvd/VCR Home Theatre Sound System. It worked fine until a couple of days ago. I put in a VHS tape and it didn't play. I then noticed that the power seemed to be off, as there was nothing on in the display. I pressed both the power button on the machine as well as the power button the remote and nothing happened. I then tried unplugging and plugging the power cord, and only then did the display come to life. But it would only scroll the name of the unit ("Panasonic Home Theatre System") and then the display would go blank again. After further tries, the DVD tray would open very slowly and then close in fits and starts. Again, nothing on the display.
Seems we have a very sick machine here. Is there any way to make it well?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the unit (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to it, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I unplugged the power, waited 10 minutes and replugged as you suggested. I pressed the power button on the unit (as well as on the remote control) and it still does not work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I talked to customer service and seem to have fixed the data entry troubles I was having. I am free for the next few minutes, so I hope to hear from you.