Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Denon box, It will not turn on, however the standby

Customer Question

I have a Denon box, It will not turn on, however the standby light keeps flashing. I tried to unplug let it set and then replug same thing happens. Can you tell me what to do.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Please elaborate on a "Denon BOX"- are you referring to a CD player, internet streaming box, some sort of receiver?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Surround sound system, I have it along with dish box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a receiver
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
What's the model number of the Denon receiver, and how long have you owned it for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had it for 6 years......AVR 790
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the specifics. The blinking light on this receiver indicates it is in "protect" mode, and generally either an external or internal short has caused the issue. Please try the following to rule out an external fault 1) Disconnect the receiver from power (unplug the AC cord). 2) Remove ALL speaker wires and other connections to the receiver (so that nothing it plugged into the receiver at all). 3) Plug the receiver back into power and press the power/standby button. Let me know what happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, I will do this now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are tons of wires connected, what your asking me is impossible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would never get them correct right
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
connected right
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, then there is no way for you to try to fix this on you're own. Since you cannot do the legwork to help fix your problem I will opt out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would expect a refund
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***