Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a denon avr 4306 receiver and a sony sacd player and

Customer Question

I have a denon avr 4306 receiver and a sony sacd player and I cannot get the sound to play
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;Do you get any sound out of the denon like its own built-in tuner or something else connected to it perhaps ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the model number of that sony ?Like SCD-XE800 perhaps ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the tuner works ok, before my cd player worked. I installed new spkrs today and now it seems I have a wrong program??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
scd ce595
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then this happened at the same time as the new speakers ???This should not be related but do you get any sound out of those new speakers ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a optical cable hooked up to the 2 components
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much will the call be??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
which components are we talking about here ?if you received a phone offer it was automated from the web site ,not from me and we won`t need it for now anyway unless you`d rather do this on the phone , let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
rather just do it online if we can its cheeper! lol
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Yes the phone call would set you back $26
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Now to get back to that unit , you said that it used tto work and stopped at the same time as you installed new speakers or you are not sure when it stopped working ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
u still there?? I think it stopped after I installed speakers, but I think that I changed some type of program in the receiver/settings for it to not function
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Yes i`m here , was waiting for youHow do you have the sony hooked up to the denon , is it optical or rca analog cables ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
excuse me I tried to uncheck the call request box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it hooked up both ways at the present time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are several programming functions to this receiver and I dunno if they are set correctly or not
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Can`t help you with that box , sorry , in any case I declined it from my end so it will not be charged .O.k then to get back to that .If you have it both ways then you have 2 separate inputs that can be selected on the denon , no sound out of either ?Just saw your last reply , you don`t know how you were getting it to work ??
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Where are the analog rca cables connected at the back of the denon , what does it say ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its strange how a few days ago I had no problem with it
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
That's how it goes usually , it works one minute then it doesn`t
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Where is the sony connected on the denon ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go to the setting that says cd by turning a knob, it shows cd/ipod then after a minute it shows not connected
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I`m sorry but i will have to opt out now.You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to the optical out on cd player to optical 1 on receiver
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ty
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I`m back around and can proceed if you want to but first I will have to close that other post , we are not allowed to reply to duplicates anyway .Let me know when you see this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
u still on jack??
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but i was out by the time you replied to me last nightLet me know when you are ready to proceed .