Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

How to connect a pioneer sr202w to sansui 3000 receiver with

Customer Question
aux connections...
how to connect a pioneer sr202w to sansui 3000 receiver with aux connections
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
4/21/2016
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;Do you know that this reverb unit is functional ?If so then you will need 2 sets of rca /phono cables , do you have that handy ?
You don`t seem to be around at this time so I will step out and check on you later .
Saw that you came around to look at my replyI`m back if you want to proceed
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is functional i have the two cables
O.k then i`m going to have to pull out the manuals again but just offhand like that i can tell you that you cannot use the auxialiary input for this reverb unit.Just like an equalizer it has to be inserted either into one of the "tape monitor" in/out and then the receiver set to this tape monitor and that will allow you to have whatever is playing going through the reverb unit when the tape monitor is set to on or bypass it when set to off .The other way is to insert it between the preamp and main amp section which is less handy if you want to turn it off.Take a look at the tape monitor option and i`ll be right back with some manuals
By the way , on that sansui , are there any letters like G before the 3000 , like G-3000 ?
The 3000 was made in the 60`s and the G-3000 in the 70`s and they are quite different
If you`re not around then I`m out to lunch , I`ll check on you later
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no it is just 3000 so i plug into tape monitor out into reverb and back to aux on receiver
If all you need is the info I`ve already given you then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , that rating gets me paid for my time.Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
NO
If you plug into the AUX , how are you going to select anything else ???
The tape monitor has ins and outs just like that reverb unit , connect the ins of one into the outs of the other and set the sansui to tape monitor , now you can select something like the radio or turntable or whatever you have connected into that sansui , you can even use the aux for a cd player for example
Can you see at the rear of the sansui where it says "tape monitor" and beside it REC ?
Actually is like this REC< TAPE > MONITORThe REC is the OUT and the MONITOR is the IN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if i connect cd player in aux and push tape monitor the reciever will pick up the sound with the reverb sound..
That's correctGive me a minute for a picture
click the link below and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"The picture is behind that .https://www.dropbox.com/s/3y6xe617vnac29x/2016-04-21_1203.png?dl=0That is from the pioneer manual by the way
Here are your manuals;The sansui ; https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yq9kmahevmd1am/sansui_3000.pdf?dl=0The pioneer ; https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1p8b7cvjq8eut3/sr202w.pdf?dl=0 Give them a minute to open and then use the DOWNLOAD buttonIf that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks
Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician