Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Went on vacation week and came home today to find that

Customer Question
Went on vacation for a...
Went on vacation for a week and came home today to find that my marantz receiver will not power on. My tv, cable box and blurry are connected to it so I cannot watch anything now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Do you see any lights on it at all?If you try to power on does it flash/click then turn off? Or no response at all?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No response at all
Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc), which likely happened in your absence. It is normal for a power surge to hit one item which absorbs the brunt of the damage and spares your other equipment.This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2013 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be entirely surprising. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:1) Press and hold the M-DAX and PRESET CH – buttons on the front panel2) Keep holding these while pressing the power button, for about 5 seconds. Release if/when display starts flashing. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you are within the 3 year warranty period still, Marantz would cover repairs for you. If beyond that, it would not be worth fixing, you could buy a new receiver for less than the cost of parts and labor to fix it. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Do you need more help with this, Tom?
Nathan, Engineer