Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a 4002 turntable, the transformer has failed, any

Customer Question
i have a 4002 turntable, the...
i have a 4002 turntable,
the transformer has failed,
any ideas, it is a nice unit and it would be a pity to throw it out in the rubbish,
i took it to b&o in sydney years ago but they told me they haven't made a turntable for 16 years and the original part is no longer available
thanks for any help,
peter
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/29/2016
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry,
i didn't seem to get a reply to my question,
thanks,
pete

Sorry , there is a reply that landed on your post by mistake , i will repost your question

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .

By the way , i did look at your turntable service manual earlier and even have that transformer`s part number but it is not going to be an easy find , those B&O turntables and equipment were made with B&O parts ,not main stream .

Your only hope i believe would be a tech. that can figure out the proper voltages required or what was coming out of that transformer originally , the manual doesn`t say

Good luck

Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Peter and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, substitute / replacement would be largely dependent on the voltage and current rating thus in part to physical size.

Do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Please post back with a clear picture of the transformer (besides a tape measure). Also of particular interest would be the number of wires both primary and secondary.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi louie,
sorry for the delay and the quality of the photos,
in austarlia our power is 240v at 50htz,
i have a multi-meter and solderer,
i even thought of a replacement second hand unit, even if a different voltage, and regulate as required,
there is a voltage switch, i have sent a photo, the other side of it are the fuses,
any ideas would be appreciated
thanks
peter
gumtree 042.jpggumtree...jpggumtree 041.jpggumtree...jpggumtree 040.jpggumtree...jpggumtree 039.jpggumtree...jpggumtree 038.jpggumtree...jpggumtree 037.jpggumtree...jpggumtree 036.jpggumtree...jpg

Appreciate the pictures Peter.

Please consider preliminary factors:

• ideally; replace the transformer with a 240V primary, 1A/30V secondary;
  • alternatively, use a 240V primary, 2A/15-0-15 secondary;
  • • bypass the primary voltage selector switch and if/since transformer would be a local purchase, then its primary would be fixed to 240V.

Something like the product shown HERE.

Hi again Peter,

Any updates?

Louie, Technician