Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Logitech Z3 speaker system that has worked well

Customer Question

I have a Logitech Z3 speaker system that has worked well for several years. My son stepped on the cable that goes to the Woofer the other day and the sound stopped from my computer. I replaced the cable but no sound come out. If I wiggle the plug in the receptacle I get intermittent static. I suspect that a repair is necessary. Do you have a repair service ? How much would it cost ? C. Bean
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Clark.

This would indicate that there is internal damage and that the port or underlying circuit board has been damaged.

While it could theoretically be fixed, it would not be worthwhile to do so. There are no parts available for these units anymore, and labor alone just to have a tech look at it would cost twice as much as the system is worth.

This is a 2003 model, so it is significantly past its intended service life (many times over, in fact) and would have been expected to fail for other reasons long before now. Simply put, it is not worth any further investment at this point - it has served its life and is best replaced with a new system.

Here is a comparable system that I would recommend: http://amzn.to/1Rxabn6 or http://amzn.to/1UivFv0

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help with this, Clark?