Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a LG 49LF5400_UB TV and it does not have any optical

Customer Question
port, aux port, or any...
I have a LG 49LF5400_UB TV and it does not have any optical port, aux port, or any other way to get sound from the TV to the sound bar when you have a DVD hooked up. What combination of wires can I use.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/20/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. Since the TV does indeed not have any audio outs at all on the set then you would need to extract the audio from the DVD player itself. I will need the Make and Model of the DVD in order to give you instructions for this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had it hooked up that way once. When it's like that, I can't get the sound from the TV thru the sound bar, only the DVD
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want to send all the sound to the TV and then to the sound bar

Well that's the only option since there's no way to do it from the TV? The TV has NO AUDIO OUT whatsoever, and we can't create what's not there.

So, if you want help with this, I can give you a manner of connection that will work, but I need to know the following:

1) Make and model of the soundbar.

2) Brand and model of the DVD.

3) Make and model of the Cable or SAT box.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got it figured out for now. Found an optical port on the back of the cable box. No further information needed at this time. Thanks

Well yes, but that doesn't help you with the DVD. No problem, I was going to provide a solution but glad you got it sorted.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
DVD is being sent thru a splitter, from there audio is sent to sound bar and video feed is going straight to TV.
Louie, Technician