Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a pioneer vsx-522. about 2 years ago i dropped the

Customer Question

Hi there. I have a pioneer vsx-522. about 2 years ago i dropped the receiver remote and the speakers suddenly stopped working.. i've played with the settings and functions to the best of my ability with no success.. Is there a way to reset the system
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Home Theater Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no, thank you
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Have you checked the unit's built in FM tuner to see if there's sound with that source?

Have you tried unplugging the receiver from power for 5 minutes and plugging back in?

Additionally have you tried a full reset of the receiver?