Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Pioneer VSX-45 and it's working awesome with the…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Pioneer...
Hi, I have a Pioneer VSX-45 and it's working awesome with the inputs and speakers it's connected to as well as remote connections from my computer and phone.
What I'm trying to figure out is the best way to integrate this with some speakers in other rooms. I replaced my old speakers, so I have two speakers that have the red and white cables coming out of the back (I'm new to audio equipment).
The guy at best buy said I should get a Sonos connect for those speakers, but it seems like an awfully expensive solution to just hook up speakers. And, on top of that, I have a 3rd set of speakers I'd like in a 3rd room.
I'd like to be able to play what's playing on the main room speakers/pioneer but also select one or the other if I only want music playing in one room.
What would you suggest?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/6/2016
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

What type of cables /connection do you have between the cable box and tv ?
Is it HDMI or color coded component cables ?

Very sorry but there was a website glitch and i did not mean to post here .

I will repost your question now

okay...
Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is Rusty. You don't have many options on the VSX-45 for speaker outputs, you only get the main zone, and a speaker B. The Sonos system is a great way to add speakers, and it's wireless which is really convenient, and you can control it with your phone.

The only other option is to run speaker wires to each of the room. You'll get a mono mix in each room, one will use the left terminal for speaker B, and the other room will use the right. Connect L black to the first room speaker 1 - terminal. Connect speaker 1 + terminal to speaker 2 -. Connect speaker 2 + to the speaker 2 L red terminal.

Do the same connection for the second room, and connect it to speaker B R terminal.

That will give you a very basic connection that is safe impedance for your receiver to operate. This is as much as you can do with this receiver.