Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have sound in the front speakers but no sound in the

Customer Question
center , sub woofer and...
I have sound in the front speakers but no sound in the center , sub woofer and the two small surround speakers
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/5/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Aric, Engineer

Make and Model of receiver please.

Harman Kardon AVR35 Audio/Video Receiver

Thanks for the reply.

This could be caused by a few possible things- the Input to the receiver (meaning you're using stereo RCA cables which will only output form the left and right front by nature), or a setting that was changed.

Can you please reply back with the following so we can sort this?

1) Were all channels working previously, or is this the first time setup?

2) What "sources" do you have connected (for example TV, cable box, DVD, etc.)?

3) What type of cabling is being used (RCA red and white, Optical, etc.)?

1) it is not the first set-up and all the channels working previously. The only change from previous set-up. I have had two CD players. One old and one new. My son suggested that I get rid of the old one. So we got rid of the old one and transferred the cabling to the new one which is very cheepo. Just a very simple CD player.
In my mind this change caused the problem. Not sure though, just guessing.
2) TV, DVD/CD, tape player, record player, VCR
3) I am from the old generation!!! The simple cables red and yellow or white. The tec hnician who was here told me that he used the optical and another cabling with a red light at the end.

Okay the cable with the light at the end IS optical. That is decoded in surround sound. In general RCA cables are not. SO let me ask you this- IF you switch over to the TV INPUT- is the sound STILL only in those left and right channels please?

Don't know how to do what you asking me to do. Give me your phone number so the technician can call you tomorrow. Otherwise I'll ask him to come here tomorrow at 6PM . So send me an email around 6PM to which we can reply then you both talk on the phone.
Are in agreement with my proposal? Kindly let me know by email
Thanks

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out of the question at this point. It is now open for other experts to view and assist.

Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you considered / tried a RESET of the AVR35.

Technician: Michael, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Phone call session started

Hi, good morning, i tried to call you but got no answer?

I will keep trying to reach you today to help you resolve your issue;-)

Thanks

Have a great day!
Tech Michael

March 8th Call me(###) ###-####between 05.30 and 6.00 PM My technician will be here so you talk technician to technician instead of me that I'm from another generation
Have a nice day
Please confirm

Hi I will call you this evening between 5:30 and 6pm ;-)

Thank you, ***** ***** yesterday and again this morning.

But I will call at your time I am Eastern Standard time, what time zone are you in?

Tech Michael

try again please
MICHAEL WE ARE WAITING. THE TECHNICIAN COSTING ME $40. AN HOUR
P L E A S E !!!!!!!!!
michael please. This is not acceptable. We said 5.30 to 6.00 PM
Now it is 6.15 eastern time. Please call(###) ###-####
are you going to call us??? Please answer now because the technician has to leave

Hi I tried to call many times, but the system was down;-(

I am here all day today in case I can still assist you with this issue.

I apologize for the system issue, I think it was a line down or something out there?

You can call me if you like:(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you for your patience.

Tech Michael

I\
I'm astonished. Two people waiting for your phone call. And you did not call.
I do not need your services any longer. Kindly pay me back any monies you charged my credit card.
Extremely disappointed

Hi, I have been trying to call but got no answer only a machine, which I assume was yours, I left my phone # ***** your answering machine this morning when i saw your request for assistance.

Thank you

Tech Michael

I will send this to Customer service for refund processing ;-)

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael