Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do i play my computer files on my Kenwood KRA5040 stereo

Customer Question

How do i play my computer files on my Kenwood KRA5040 stereo reciver
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.

Since there's no type of internet connectivity, Wi Fo or bluetooth built into your receiver, additional equipment would be needed to play any audio from your computer on the unit.

There are a couple of ways to go about this. If you want the simplest most cost effective method- then I would suggest an "1/8" stereo to stereo RCA patch cable".

You simply plug the 1/8" end into your computer, then the red and white RCA ends into the receiver and select the Input. You will then get all audio from the computer through the Kenwood's connected speakers.

The cable is below:

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/155436-Kramer-C-A35M-2RAM-3?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=googleps&gclid=CjwKEAiAgeW2BRDDtKaTne77ghgSJACq2U4bTwgnstxss_igVhTanlD79dcwYJG8HBQp9V3n1fxaVxoCgrjw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you wanted to try to find a wireless option, then you would need to know if your computer has Blue Tooth built in, and you could then use a Bluetooth receiver connected to the Kenwood, and then be able to play music/audio/etc. wireless from about 25 feet:

(BlueTooth receiver):

http://www.amazon.com/HomeSpot-NFC-Enabled-Bluetooth-Receiver-System/dp/B009OBCAW2

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.