Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have the denon avr s900w and the remote control volume

Customer Question
control doesn't work when the...
i have the denon avr s900w and the remote control volume control doesn't work when the door to the stereo cabinet is closed. it works when it is open
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/3/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Are these doors solid wood, glass, or what type of material? Also, not sure what you're saying exactly- but was the remote working through the doors previously and then stopped? Or are you looking for a solution to get the remote to work through the closed doors?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the remote was working before through wood doors and now it is not

So you're saying you have solid wood doors- no glass?

If so, the Denon remote by itself has no way of transmitting an Infra Red signal directly through a wooden door. This means you must have been using an IR repeater/blaster in the cabinet somewhere.

Did you install this system and are you familiar with all of the components?

Are you still with me here? If so, can you please reply back to as much as you can posted above so I can help you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is a logitech remote. no i didn't install the system
yes it worked before through the wood doors
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are u there?

Okay, all of these variables add up to why it isn't working now. With solid wood doors you have either an RF Logitech remote, or an Infra-red repeater system. If it's no longer working then the IR repeater system's receiver has fallen off (these are held in place with two sides tape in a location where the remote can "See" it), or the IR repeater system has stopped working. This requires someone with knowledge of how these systems work in order to fix it. Also Logitech has many different remotes- do you know which model Logitech Harmony remote you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its a logitech harmony 900. what does the repeater look like?

Hang on....taking a look.

Sorry for the delay. The 900 series remote has an included IR blaster setup. Each of the IR blasters are stick on little plastic ovals, or small squares in some cases, which are a dark burgundy color.

Below are examples of the IR blasters:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882196166&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Home+Electronics+Accessories-_-N82E16882196166&gclid=Cj0KEQiA3t-2BRCKivi-suDY24gBEiQAX1wiXJk2Z0P8kcK3V6V0SmImZn7mmuCWibAXT4Atle-djl0aAvQD8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

There should be one of these on the front of the Denon where it's IR receiver is located, this is what sends the signals when the doors are closed.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that worked thanks

Excellent and I am very glad to hear that! Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Engineer