Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Denon AVR981, a set of Bose acoustimass 500 with a…

Customer Question
I have a Denon AVR981...
I have a Denon AVR981, a set of Bose acoustimass 500 with a subwoofer and two cube speakers, and 3 Bose v100 speakers for front right, center and left channels. Where and how do I connect the subwoofer to the receiver? The speaker has a two wire standard connection. The subwoofer has the wire connection, while the subwoofer output on the unit has an rca jack. The cube speakers run through the subwoofer as well.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/3/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello and thank you for the question.

The Bose is going to be a different type of setup than the Denon is designed for, but will still work.

You will need to set the speakers in the Bose for "Large" and "No Subwoofer"- since the Bose subwoofer connects like a full range speaker- and then the smaller speakers run off of it.

You would actually want to wire the system as follows in order to be able to implement the subwoofer into the system- since if you use the V100 speakers for left and right, then the subwoofer will not be able to be used.

Connect ONE of the V100 speakers to the Center Channel Output of the receiver.

Connect the Left and Right INPUTS of the subwoofer to the Left and Right FRONT outputs of the Denon (this is where the bass will receive it's signal from).

Then connect to the two cube speakers that have the RCA plugs to the subwoofer.

Lastly, connect the remaining two V100 speakers to the Left and Right Rear channels of the Denon.

This is the only sensible way to connect all of the speakers and have the subwoofer producing the low frequency front signals.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Please let me know when you're able to see my reply.