Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Denon AVR X1000 on cable/sat does not have any audio out…

Customer Question
My Denon AVR X1000 on...
My Denon AVR X1000 on cable/sat does not have any audio out put, get video only. Was purchased 1/29/16 on e-bay and don't have original box. How can I get this resolved?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
3/1/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Is Cable the only source that does not have sound? Meaning if you select another source such as a DVD, or even the built in Tuner, there is sound?

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box from power.

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Plug the cable box back into power, and once it's rebooted, turn the Denon, and the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the Denon, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

All other inputs ie DVD, CD, Tuner have audio, When I connect HDMI Sat to DVD it plays picture and sound. It's the Sat port that has the malfunction.

Okay good. This means you need to reset the processor of the Denon. Anytime a single port stops working it's a processor glitch, or a bad HDMI cable (I'm assuming you tried the cable that connects to the cable box with the DVD player to make sure it's not the cable?).

If you've verified the HDMI cable fro the SAT/Cable Box (whichever applies) is good, then proceed with the instructions on page 175 to Reset the Denon to Factory Defaults:

http://www.audiogeneral.com/denon/avrx1000_manual.pdf

Let me know what happens please.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Aric, Engineer